Will Horton play again?
- The future of Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nathan Horton is
in serious doubt as he is suffering with a significant back
Is Stewart the answer for Bruins? (Oct. 23/14)
- Just two days ago, the Bruins were linked with Edmonton Oilers
right wing Jordan Eberle. Now, the team is being linked to
another shooter as they continue their search for a top-line
Boychuk open to extension (Oct. 22/14)
- The New York Islanders plan on speaking with Johnny Boychuk
and his agent about a contract extension, something the stud
defenseman is wide open to exploring.
Could the Bruins pursue Eberle? (Oct. 21/14)
- The Boston Bruins have been off to a slow start this season
and are not quite the same team they were last year when they
were winners of the Presidents' Trophy.
GM Tallon feeling the heat? (Oct. 19/14)
- The Florida Panthers may not have gotten off to the start to
the season they had wanted, and if things don't pick up,
ownership may have to step in.
Maple Leafs scouting Oilers (Oct. 18/14)
- The Maple Leafs appear to be keeping a close eye on Edmonton
to start the season, with members of their management and
scouting staff attending the Oilers' last few games.
Alfie leaning towards retirement? (Oct. 16/14)
- As the Detroit Red Wings continue to be patient regarding the
status of free agent Daniel Alfredsson, it looks more than
likely he will not be playing in the NHL again.
Teams would rush to acquire Staal (Oct. 15/14) -
If the Hurricanes decide to trade captain Eric Staal this
season, a significant number of teams would be knocking down
Carolina GM Ron Francis' door in hopes of acquiring him.
Sharks still dangling Thornton? (Oct. 6/14) -
After the Sharks blew a 3-0 lead over the eventual Stanley Cup
champion Los Angeles Kings, management publically questioned the
team's leadership under Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
Habs working on another trade? (Oct. 6/14) -
The Montreal Canadiens could be working on another trade, a day
after dealing goalie Peter Budaj and forward Patrick Holland to
the Winnipeg Jets for forward Erik Tangradi.
Ducks eyeing Boychuk (Oct. 3/14) -
The Anaheim Ducks are looking to strengthen their blueline and
have expressed an interest in Boston Bruins blueliner Johnny
Bruins closing in on trade (Oct.
3/14) - The Boston Bruins are reportedly inching closer to
making a trade involving one of their many defensemen, as they
look to free up some extra salary cap space.
Babcock, Wings far from deal? (Oct. 1/14) -
Red Wings GM Ken Holland does not expect to have head coach Mike
Babcock signed to a new contract before the start of the season,
the Detroit Free Press reports.
Concern hitting Canucks camp (Sept. 30/14)
- After a poor performance the other night against the Arizona
Coyotes, the Vancouver Province reports there is already a cause
for concern with the Canucks.
Johansen talks keep going (Sept. 30/14)
- The Columbus Blue Jackets renewed discussions with Ryan
Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt, on Monday and are expected to
resume talks today.
Owner wants Stamkos locked up (Sept. 29/14)
- Steven Stamkos won't become a free agent for another two
years, but that hasn't stopped Lightning owner Jeff Vinik from
wanted to sign him to a long-term extension.
Capuano confident in Isles, job (Sept. 25/14)
- Islanders head coach Jack Capuano could be on the hot seat of
the team doesn't get off to a solid start to the season, but he
isn't concerned about his job security.
Stewart's future in limbo (Sept. 25/14)
- Chris Stewart seems to be ready to start the season with the
Buffalo Sabres, but that doesn't mean he'll end the 2014-15
campaign with them.
Leddy hopes to stay (Sept.
22/14) - Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman knows he has to move a roster
player in the near future, but wants to see how things play out
at training camp before making any decisions.
Habs won't rush trade for scorer (Sept.
22/14) - The Canadiens have long been searching for another
sniper to add to their roster, and while GM Marc Bergevin has
been on the lookout, the team remains in waiting mode.
Carcillo hoping to make club (Sept.
22/14) - The Penguins added some grit and toughness this
off-season, adding forwards Blake Comeau and Steve Downie, but
Daniel Carcillo hopes to add a little more.
Stars hope to sign Eakin, Dillon (Sept. 19/14)
- Restricted free agents Cody Eakin and Brenden Dillon are
missing from Stars training camp, in need of new deals, and the
team is hoping to iron something out shortly.
Hawks scouring trade market (Sept. 19/14)
- Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman knows he has to move a roster player
in the near future, but wants to see how things play out at
training camp before making any decisions.
Sens, Ryan put talks on hold (Sept. 16/14)
- The Senators won't be signing sniper Bobby Ryan to a new
contract extension before the start of the season, and a deal
isn't likely to come soon after, either.
Myers happy he wasn't traded (Sept. 14/14)
- A number of teams had spoken to the Sabres about acquiring
Tyler Myers during the off-season, but the young defenseman is
pleased the team didn't move him.
GM understands fans impatience (Sept. 14/14)
- Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff hears the cries and appreciates the
fans' concerns over the lack of major roster activity this
off-season, but he's confident in his team.
Johansen contract talks resume (Sept. 13/14)
- Contract negotiations between the Columbus Blue Jackets and
the agent for restricted free agent Ryan Johansen have finally
resumed, though the two sides remain far from a deal.
Brodeur in waiting mode (Sept. 11/14)
- As much as Martin Brodeur would like to join the Montreal
Canadiens, a deal isn't imminent and he's also keeping his
Devils exploring trade market? (Sept. 11/14)
- The New Jersey Devils appear to have too many men up front and
GM Lou Lamoriello is scouring the market, trying to find a deal
for one or two of his forwards.
Jets going all-in on Pavelec (Sept. 10/14)
- There have been plenty of questions surrounding Ondrej
Pavelec's future between the pipes for the Jets, but the team is
moving ahead with him as their No. 1 goalie this season.
Habs reach out to Brodeur (Sept. 8/14)
- The Montreal Canadiens have reportedly contacted Martin
Brodeur's agent about the possibility of adding the future Hall
of Fame goaltender to backup starter Carey Price.
Sens in market for forward (Sept.
8/14) - With the Senators set to open training camp in 10 days,
the Ottawa Sun reports the club wants to add a top-nine forward
before things get underway.
Leafs ready to roll into season (Sept. 6/14)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs made a number of moves this off-season
and while there remains speculation over more moves to come, the
team is prepared to start the new campaign with its current
Brodeur would welcome Habs (Sept. 4/14)
- If the Montreal Canadiens wanted to pursue future Hall of Fame
goaltender Martin Brodeur to back up Carey Price this season,
the 42-year-old would be willing to listen.
Alfredsson skates, DeKeyser waits (Sept. 3/14)
- Daniel Alfredsson took to the ice today in Detroit with a
bunch of Red Wings players, as he aims to determine whether or
not he's fit to play another season in the NHL.