Concern hitting Canucks camp
- After a poor performance the other night against the Arizona
Coyotes, the Vancouver Province reports there is already a cause
for concern with the Canucks.
Johansen talks keep going
- The Columbus Blue Jackets renewed discussions with Ryan
Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt, on Monday and are expected to
resume talks today.
Owner wants Stamkos locked up (Sept. 29/14)
- Steven Stamkos won't become a free agent for another two
years, but that hasn't stopped Lightning owner Jeff Vinik from
wanted to sign him to a long-term extension.
Capuano confident in Isles, job (Sept. 25/14)
- Islanders head coach Jack Capuano could be on the hot seat of
the team doesn't get off to a solid start to the season, but he
isn't concerned about his job security.
Stewart's future in limbo (Sept. 25/14)
- Chris Stewart seems to be ready to start the season with the
Buffalo Sabres, but that doesn't mean he'll end the 2014-15
campaign with them.
Leddy hopes to stay (Sept.
22/14) - Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman knows he has to move a roster
player in the near future, but wants to see how things play out
at training camp before making any decisions.
Habs won't rush trade for scorer (Sept.
22/14) - The Canadiens have long been searching for another
sniper to add to their roster, and while GM Marc Bergevin has
been on the lookout, the team remains in waiting mode.
Carcillo hoping to make club (Sept.
22/14) - The Penguins added some grit and toughness this
off-season, adding forwards Blake Comeau and Steve Downie, but
Daniel Carcillo hopes to add a little more.
Stars hope to sign Eakin, Dillon (Sept. 19/14)
- Restricted free agents Cody Eakin and Brenden Dillon are
missing from Stars training camp, in need of new deals, and the
team is hoping to iron something out shortly.
Hawks scouring trade market (Sept. 19/14)
- Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman knows he has to move a roster player
in the near future, but wants to see how things play out at
training camp before making any decisions.
Sens, Ryan put talks on hold (Sept. 16/14)
- The Senators won't be signing sniper Bobby Ryan to a new
contract extension before the start of the season, and a deal
isn't likely to come soon after, either.
Myers happy he wasn't traded (Sept. 14/14)
- A number of teams had spoken to the Sabres about acquiring
Tyler Myers during the off-season, but the young defenseman is
pleased the team didn't move him.
GM understands fans impatience (Sept. 14/14)
- Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff hears the cries and appreciates the
fans' concerns over the lack of major roster activity this
off-season, but he's confident in his team.
Johansen contract talks resume (Sept. 13/14)
- Contract negotiations between the Columbus Blue Jackets and
the agent for restricted free agent Ryan Johansen have finally
resumed, though the two sides remain far from a deal.
Brodeur in waiting mode (Sept. 11/14)
- As much as Martin Brodeur would like to join the Montreal
Canadiens, a deal isn't imminent and he's also keeping his
Devils exploring trade market? (Sept. 11/14)
- The New Jersey Devils appear to have too many men up front and
GM Lou Lamoriello is scouring the market, trying to find a deal
for one or two of his forwards.
Jets going all-in on Pavelec (Sept. 10/14)
- There have been plenty of questions surrounding Ondrej
Pavelec's future between the pipes for the Jets, but the team is
moving ahead with him as their No. 1 goalie this season.
Habs reach out to Brodeur (Sept. 8/14)
- The Montreal Canadiens have reportedly contacted Martin
Brodeur's agent about the possibility of adding the future Hall
of Fame goaltender to backup starter Carey Price.
Sens in market for forward (Sept.
8/14) - With the Senators set to open training camp in 10 days,
the Ottawa Sun reports the club wants to add a top-nine forward
before things get underway.
Leafs ready to roll into season (Sept. 6/14)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs made a number of moves this off-season
and while there remains speculation over more moves to come, the
team is prepared to start the new campaign with its current
Brodeur would welcome Habs (Sept. 4/14)
- If the Montreal Canadiens wanted to pursue future Hall of Fame
goaltender Martin Brodeur to back up Carey Price this season,
the 42-year-old would be willing to listen.
Alfredsson skates, DeKeyser waits (Sept. 3/14)
- Daniel Alfredsson took to the ice today in Detroit with a
bunch of Red Wings players, as he aims to determine whether or
not he's fit to play another season in the NHL.
Bouillon close to 1-year deal? (Aug. 26/14)
- Unrestricted free agent defenseman Francis Bouillon is still
looking to sign a new contract and it appears he's close to a
new deal with the Montreal Canadiens.
Methot next up for contract? (Aug. 22/14)
- With defenseman Marc Methot a year away from unrestricted free
agency, the Ottawa Sun suggests the Senators need to get him
locked up to a new contract.
Johansen could be a holdout (Aug. 19/14)
- The Blue Jackets would like to have center Ryan Johansen
locked up to a new two-year contract by the start of training
camp next month, but the two sides remain far from a deal.
Capitals still eyeing Bissonnette (Aug. 13/14)
- The Washington Capitals are among the teams still in the mix
for unrestricted free agent grinder Paul Bissonnette, but there
are a few other teams knocking on his door.
Alfredsson nearing return? (Aug. 11/14) -
It seems as if the Red Wings believe Daniel Alfredsson will be
coming back for a second season with the organization, instead
of calling it a career.
Hawks eyed Bissonnette (Aug. 7/14) -
Unrestricted free agent forward Paul Bissonnette has attracted
the interest of several teams this off-season, and continues to
weigh his options as the summer carries on.
Krug, Smith up for bridge deals (Aug. 5/14) -
The Bruins still have to sign restricted free agents Torey Krug
and Reilly Smith to new deals and the Boston Globe suggests
they're both in line for bridge contracts.