Could Coyotes pursue Staal? (Oct. 26/14)
- If the Carolina Hurricanes end up exploring the trade market
on center Eric Staal later this season, the Arizona Coyotes are
one of the teams interested in talking.
Neal was taken aback by trade (Oct. 24/14)
- When the Nashville Predators acquired James Neal from the
Pittsburgh Penguins, they were thrilled to acquire an asset they
have lacked for a very long time.
Will Horton play again? (Oct. 23/14)
- The future of Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nathan Horton is
in serious doubt as he is suffering with a significant back
Is Stewart the answer for Bruins? (Oct. 23/14)
- Just two days ago, the Bruins were linked with Edmonton Oilers
right wing Jordan Eberle. Now, the team is being linked to
another shooter as they continue their search for a top-line
Boychuk open to extension (Oct. 22/14)
- The New York Islanders plan on speaking with Johnny Boychuk
and his agent about a contract extension, something the stud
defenseman is wide open to exploring.
Could the Bruins pursue Eberle? (Oct. 21/14)
- The Boston Bruins have been off to a slow start this season
and are not quite the same team they were last year when they
were winners of the Presidents' Trophy.
GM Tallon feeling the heat? (Oct. 19/14)
- The Florida Panthers may not have gotten off to the start to
the season they had wanted, and if things don't pick up,
ownership may have to step in.
Maple Leafs scouting Oilers (Oct. 18/14)
- The Maple Leafs appear to be keeping a close eye on Edmonton
to start the season, with members of their management and
scouting staff attending the Oilers' last few games.
Alfie leaning towards retirement? (Oct. 16/14)
- As the Detroit Red Wings continue to be patient regarding the
status of free agent Daniel Alfredsson, it looks more than
likely he will not be playing in the NHL again.
Teams would rush to acquire Staal (Oct. 15/14) -
If the Hurricanes decide to trade captain Eric Staal this
season, a significant number of teams would be knocking down
Carolina GM Ron Francis' door in hopes of acquiring him.
Sharks still dangling Thornton? (Oct. 6/14) -
After the Sharks blew a 3-0 lead over the eventual Stanley Cup
champion Los Angeles Kings, management publically questioned the
team's leadership under Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.
Habs working on another trade? (Oct. 6/14) -
The Montreal Canadiens could be working on another trade, a day
after dealing goalie Peter Budaj and forward Patrick Holland to
the Winnipeg Jets for forward Erik Tangradi.
Ducks eyeing Boychuk (Oct. 3/14) -
The Anaheim Ducks are looking to strengthen their blueline and
have expressed an interest in Boston Bruins blueliner Johnny
Bruins closing in on trade (Oct.
3/14) - The Boston Bruins are reportedly inching closer to
making a trade involving one of their many defensemen, as they
look to free up some extra salary cap space.
Babcock, Wings far from deal? (Oct. 1/14) -
Red Wings GM Ken Holland does not expect to have head coach Mike
Babcock signed to a new contract before the start of the season,
the Detroit Free Press reports.
Concern hitting Canucks camp (Sept. 30/14)
- After a poor performance the other night against the Arizona
Coyotes, the Vancouver Province reports there is already a cause
for concern with the Canucks.
Johansen talks keep going (Sept. 30/14)
- The Columbus Blue Jackets renewed discussions with Ryan
Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt, on Monday and are expected to
resume talks today.
Owner wants Stamkos locked up (Sept. 29/14)
- Steven Stamkos won't become a free agent for another two
years, but that hasn't stopped Lightning owner Jeff Vinik from
wanted to sign him to a long-term extension.
Capuano confident in Isles, job (Sept. 25/14)
- Islanders head coach Jack Capuano could be on the hot seat of
the team doesn't get off to a solid start to the season, but he
isn't concerned about his job security.
Stewart's future in limbo (Sept. 25/14)
- Chris Stewart seems to be ready to start the season with the
Buffalo Sabres, but that doesn't mean he'll end the 2014-15
campaign with them.